Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gold to rise as capital flees bond market, says Paradigm Securities exec - Wealth Management

Rising yields are actually good for bullion, he tells CNBC


"At the end of the day I think that there is really good underlying demand for gold, and I think the supply of gold is relatively limited," Barry Dawes of Paradigm Securities tells CNBC in a June 24 interview.

In the 1970s and '80s "the gold price went up when interest rates went up, particularly the interest rates on bond yields. ... That to me is the key, and I think what we're seeing is a peaking out in bond prices, a bottoming in yields, and I think people will start to say, 'Look, there's a great supply of government bonds everywhere in the world and it's going to increase,' so I actually see the bond market as being a source of capital to go into the gold market."

More information can be found online at http://www.goldbullionadvisors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment