Friday, November 16, 2012

"I'm buying physical gold every month," Mauldin Economics chief says

If the U.S. puts itself on a path to a controlled deficit, I actually think the dollar becomes much stronger and gold in dollar terms will be challenged. Gold in euro terms or yen terms will be a very good buy. It's the nature of the currencies and the way those countries will have to respond to their particular crisis John Mauldin tells The Gold Report. 

If the U.S. doesn't deal with its deficit, all bets are off. By the way, I will be buying gold if the price goes down. I don't buy gold as an investment. I buy gold as central bank insurance. Even though I sound optimistic and am saying that we will solve this, at the end of the day, I just don't trust the bastards, and I want some insurance. ...

I'm not really adjusting it. I'm still investing in hard assets, technology, fixed income, small businesses, stuff that's optimistic in the long term and protective in the short term. I try not to buy anything that I can't have enough staying power to handle for the long run. I'm probably a little bit more liquid. ...

I'm buying physical gold every month. I've been buying the same amount on the same day of the month every month for years now. I don't think there's a single indicator. There is just a confluence of things. The world is just not so simple that you get a single indicator. If anybody tries to give you some kind of simplistic answer, laugh, close your portfolio and walk away.


More information can be found online at http://www.goldbullionadvisors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment